Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Learning to let things go

I am the type of person that lets things bother them. I work too hard when others tend to not want to work. I try to go above and beyond, to make sure that things get done for others. I have always been this way, and I don't mind. However, with that, I often let others influence my emotions. When people upset me, I tend to let it drive me nuts. But, I'm getting to the point in life where I am now learning to just let things roll off.

Today, after HOURS of busting my ass to get something done for work (nobody else would step up), I was told it may need redone. I basically said no, but kindly. IF it needs redone, then someone else is going to do it. I have to learn to stop pushing myself to the breaking point. I need my own time. I need to focus on things that need done for ME.

Today, I was so distracted with this project, that I felt too tired to give my kids the full attention they deserve. And that pissed me off more than the project could have. My kids are why I do what I do. They get to wear me out, but I am not going to let things wear me out for them.

So, tomorrow, I'll roll with whatever backlash may come. And I'll let it keep on rolling. I'm going to worry about things that truly will make a difference in life.

On a more exciting note, it's only 5 more weeks until I get to see my mom on our early Christmas vacation!!! Whoop!!

No comments:

Post a Comment