Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Malaysia - part two: Langkawi Island

After a start in the mega shopping center of Kuala Lumpur, it was time for the beach and relaxation at a resort. There was so much to do on the island and I didn't begin to do all the things I would have liked, but I did get to see some nice things and enjoyed a dip in the ocean.  To start with, here are the water pics of the beach, as well as our resort pool:

 Our resort pool - nice and relaxing - the way it should be. 

Staying protected from the sun! :) 

It was a gorgeous day for a swim.

Cenang Beach (close to our resort)

Love the archipelago islands in the back...


My friend and I did a tour on the one day that took us to the cable car, a waterfall, and to a private beach to swim (shown above in pics). The cable car would have been absolutely spectacular to see all of the island, had it NOT been raining at the top. So, we saw a lot of nothing. It reminded me of when my friend Kerry and I went to the Big Buddha in Hong Kong and had the same weather. I think I am a weather jinx!! lol 

The waterfall wasn't large, but beautiful and peaceful. 

The water was crystal clear !

It was a bit chilly up in the woods, but still tempting. 

This was the view going up in the cable car - before we hit rain.

And from the middle level, it got to be this way....

On the final leg up, you could barely see the cars passing by.


Langkawi was very beach-town. There was store after store selling souvenirs, beach wear, etc. There were also tons of restaurants to choose from. I wish I would have had more time on the island and if I ever get a reason to do a lay-over in Malaysia on my way to somewhere else, I'll go back and do some more of the water sports things I didn't do, such as a jet ski tour of the islands. But, I am glad I got to go this time around. It was a nice change of pace from the super busy city of Kuala Lumpur. It also helped that we didn't go during the peak season. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment