Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

I never learn...

So, it's been over a week since my stomach flare up and I've been feeling great. The meds are helping tremendously and I've been eating very healthy, which has helped as well. I've turned down chocolate, pizza, going out for Korean food and Mexican food with my friends, and of course, alcohol.  But tonight, I was craving pancakes. Not the normal pancakes like the ones made from Bisquick, etc. I make mine with mashed bananas and oatmeal. I added yogurt instead of milk, some flour, and some vanilla. So far, so good. Then, I made the horrible mistake of putting syrup on them. I should have known better!! I didn't think it would be that bad, but between that and the small amount of oil I used to cook the pancakes in, my stomach immediately let me know it wasn't happy! I wasn't even able to finish my pancakes. Damn. So, back to being strict on the diet. :(

On a more positive note, school is going great. Yes, I have to give a few of my boys time out now and again, but overall, I have a GREAT class. And, my new para this year is starting off wonderfully. Her name is Chloe and she is doing a great job of just jumping right in with the kids, taking charge of behaviors, helping me with things in the classroom.....everything you could ask for in a para. And she speaks English!! :)  I could not be more happy right now, unless of course, I had some extra planning time.

At this moment in time, life is good. My stomach is not, but it will be again. Luckily for me, I love rice and veggies. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment