Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Missing my cat more than ever!

This morning, in the very early hours when it was still dark, I thought I felt something on me while sleeping. Of course, it woke me up. And then, my leg itched, as if something was in or on my pants. Ugh. I was freaking out. But, I didn't feel anything when I scratched my leg. I kept thinking, "no...it's in your head...go back to sleep". A little bit later, I thought I heard something hit the floor. It then began to freak me out a bit more. But, again, I managed to convince myself it was nothing. I listened, and didn't hear anything else. So, I managed to go back to bed.

When I woke up, I had nearly forgotten about the entire incident. As I proceeded with my morning routine, I actually did forget about it. I checked email, took my vitamins, and plugged in the iron. Then it all went downhill. As I was in my bedroom deciding what I was going to wear, something caught my attention from the corner of my eye. There, at the foot of my bed, was a HUGE cockroach. He was on his back and kicking like crazy. I won't lie - I FREAKED THE HELL OUT!!!!!

It wasn't in my head. There WAS a bug on me in my bed. It was a roach!!!!! EEEEEWWWWWW.  Now, here he was, on the floor, and giving me ample opportunity to kill him. I panicked. I hate bugs. I especially hate ones that are as big as my thumb and have antennae that are as long as my pinky finger!! But, I wasn't about to let him live. Not after he took advantage of me like that. I picked out my older pair of shoes and whacked him good. He instantly stopped moving. I was then able to get a piece of paper, get him scooped up, and throw him back outside where he belongs. The entire time, I was about in tears. I hate dealing with bugs, even if they are dead. And in my defense, I wasn't sure he was. He could have just been unconscious. Who knows.

That was definitely not how I wanted to start my day. And, b/c I do not have a drier and I insisted on washing my sheets, I am sleeping on the couch tonight. I may have anyway, b/c my bedroom has a tainted feeling now. My friends have experienced this before. They've even had these big things this year in China. I've been very lucky. I've only had one other one and it was small! The kind that gross you out, but not scare the total shit out of you. The one today - AFRAID!  So, I am on super paranoid alert now in my own home. I do not know how people ever get used to this. I'll buy poisons tomorrow when I am at the store. I am really missing my cat right now. Although, if I recall, she was too lazy to be bothered with them. However, she slept with me, so at least she would have kicked it out of bed!!


No comments:

Post a Comment