Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Sunday, May 5, 2013

This is NOT funny on a school night

Friday night, I had trouble sleeping. I tossed and turned, and was wide awake at 4:30 am. I know what you are thinking: no biggie - sleep in on Saturday. Well, I would have, except I was volunteering. So, my afternoon nap was MUCH needed!  Last night was ok. Not great, but ok. Now, here it is, Sunday night, and I can't sleep. Nope, not at all.

Bear in mind that I have a million things I need to get done tomorrow, so I am sure that is the culprit right now - my racing mind. I hate when that happens!  It is 1:30 am and I am writing this. My alarm goes off at 6am. I will definitely be using the 6:30 back up one as my wake up. Under normal circumstances, I would drink my sleepy time tea and then go to sleep to dream about whatever it is that pops into my drowsy head. But, if I drink the tea now, I'll be so much more groggy in the morning. As it is, I'm going to be miserable.

Oh, come home and take a nap? Nope. Not an option. I have a meeting for a committee at the main building after school. And after that, dinner plans. So, it'll be around 7 before I get home. If I can manage to stay awake a bit after getting home, I may be so darn exhausted that I can sleep straight through until Tuesday morning. We'll see.

I am trying to stay positive though about my current misfortune. I have a load of laundry in, so at least I am being productive while I am awake! Our tie-dye shirts faded horribly when washed, so I bought new dye and re-did the shirts today. They are now being washed. The new dye was much better and the shirts look AMAZING!! The kids (and parents) will love them!!  So, when the washer stops, I'll hang the shirts up to dry and try yet again to go to bed. I am hoping that I can get at least 3 hours. Although it is not my desired 6 or 7, it is going to have to do. Now, here's hoping that my kids are NOT in full "piss and vinegar" mode tomorrow!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment