Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Crazy week and it's only Tuesday

To start my week off, I couldn't sleep Sunday night. NOT how I wanted to spend a Monday in preschool - literally exhausted. Every morning, when I arrive to work, I make a pot of coffee. I'm usually the first one there, so I have said I would do it (being nice). Well, as I was standing next to our school aquarium filling the pot with water (not from the aquarium!), I noticed someone else who had it worse. One of our fish had been eaten!!! There was literally nothing left but his skeleton. I felt so bad for him!  We are not sure if it was an attack of aggression by the other fish, or if he had simply croaked and they ate him. Either way - EWWW. Are we not feeding the damn fish enough food? The kids were ok for a Monday. We had rehearsal for our concert and the day flew by. I had a meeting after school at another campus, and it was pushing 6:30 by the time I got home. I was so worn out, that I was in bed by 8pm.

Today was just downright horrible! The kids are the reason I say this. They were so naughty today. Ok, not every single one of them, but of the 16, 6 of them did something that warranted a note home!! What got into them? UGH. I had to use the "teacher voice" and that didn't work, so I had to use the "mommy voice", which worked for some, but not all. Then, it came down to be using the "holy shit when she sounds like that I better stop it quick-voice". I HATE having to be like that with them. We also practiced for our concert today, and only two of them sang. They all know the words and movements. We sing them constantly. They sing it themselves at lunch, while playing in the morning, during snacks, etc.But, today, in place for tomorrow, they just stood there. I sure hope they do not just stand there tomorrow when all of the parents are wanting to see them perform.

I am hoping to get a good night's sleep tonight. To ensure it, I'll be enjoying a cup of my sleepy-time tea around 8:30pm. Last night was better, but still not great. I need a great night of sleep, b/c tomorrow is going to be full-flown crazy (and hopefully fun). We have our concert from 9-10,then snack. We'll have recess, then a 1/2 hr. of centers, before we head into a birthday party. This is followed by lunch, another recess, and then, my most dreaded time of day - nap time. I dread this b/c MOST of my kids do not sleep, so it's a constant struggle to get them to be quiet so others can sleep. I wish I could give them sleepy time tea!! hahaha.


No comments:

Post a Comment