Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Come on, I feel a conspiracy or something

So, just when I think that maybe my sinus issues are going to clear up, things take a turn for the worse. Only it's not all sinus related. Now, I have the damn flu. I am beginning to think there is a conspiracy to keep me sick. Not cool.

I woke up yesterday feeling like someone had beat the hell out of me. I was able to tolerate the day and make it through. I had to go get my new visa in the afternoon. Once I got home, I slept for nearly two hours and was still in bed at a decent time. My acupuncturist showed me that a heating pad will help the sinuses, if the organs are all warm. I do not know how it all works, but it does. I slept with my hot water bottle on my belly last night and I got a pretty good sleep. Then, this morning, I woke up feeling about the same. However, as the morning progressed, I got worse. I began to have chills and stomach pains. I went to the nurse around 9:30 to get my temperature checked. It was normal. But, an hour later, I had severe pain (could barely walk), serious ear ache, major chills, and now - a fever to boot. So, my boss sent me off to the Home Hospital to be checked for flu. She was right, of course.

The doctor told me not to worry, it was a simple cold. But, they usually don't have fever, so maybe they meant flu. Or maybe they do not differentiate here. Either way, I hurt. They took some blood, but immediately ushered me off to the IV room. I got two IV's (still had a fever after the first one), and meds through IV's. I feel better, in a way. The doctor said I would sweat a lot, then feel better. Holy hell, I am burning up! I'm glad I do not have the chills anymore, but now, feel like I have a sauna in my own body! But, that means I should be all better soon. I hope so.

Lesson plans and materials have already been submitted for tomorrow. I am going to turn off the alarm on my phone and allow myself to doze in and out of reality for the rest of tonight and tomorrow. I'm supposed to volunteer on Sat. for a school event, but we'll see about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment