Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Monday, April 8, 2013

Caring and compassionate parents

I am not sure if I had mentioned how wonderful my parents were in the beginning of the  year when I had a sinus infection. They brought me cough drops, homemade herbal teas, and pickled tangerines to help ease my sore throat. I even had a parent bring me homemade chicken noodle soup and other various foods to get me through the week!! Yes, I was very lucky to have them watching out for me. And today, I got to see again, just how wonderful my parents are.

I had an ingrown toenail removed this weekend. So, my toe is all bandaged up. I put a big dinosaur on my foot today to remind the kids about my boo-boo and to have them stay away from it! Two of my parents must not have noticed it in the morning, because I was sitting at a table playing with kids. Well, this afternoon, one noticed and asked what happened. I explained the best I could with charades (she speaks NO English). She and the other parent there (also Chinese speaking) looked around my room without giving it a second thought and immediately started cleaning up for me. One put away all the bedding that was still out from nap time and the other cleaned up supplies and stacked my chairs for the cleaning ladies. I was in shock, but ever so grateful for their kindness.

My para was out sick today, so this was definitely a day when the extra help was indeed a gift. I have always been very fortunate to have special bonds with parents. Of course, not all of them, but a lot of them. And today, I felt so appreciated when these two mommies took the time to take care of me and make my afternoon a little easier. I'm going to write them a very nice "thank you" note, and then tomorrow, get it translated! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment