Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Monday, March 4, 2013

My mind is blown

Yesterday, I went to an acupuncturist for the very first time ever. I was nervous, and as I am with all non-traditional medicines and techniques, a little skeptical.  But, I was willing to try.  When I arrived, I was greeted by an amazingly sweet and natural woman. She wasn't trying to win me over with excessive chit-chat, yet she was warm and open, and I found it easy to just relax with her.

We sat down to discuss my conditions, so she knew where to begin with treatment options. Before I had a chance to tell her anything, she first looked into my eyes with a mini flashlight and magnifying glass. I sat there quietly, not sure of which direction to look. Is it like the eye doctor, where you look at them, then to the right and left, up and down? I wasn't sure and she didn't say, so I just looked at her, with the occasional turn to the right or left.  Within a minute, she sat down the light and proceeded to tell me about my stomach problems. I about fell off of the couch. She got all that just from my eyes?? Wow. And she didn't just give me a generic "you have stomach trouble" statement. She told me the two exact diagnoses that I have from a doctor back home! So, I told her a few details, but nothing really in comparison to what you would discuss with a doctor in the States. She said she was ready to begin.

As I was there in the room, with her hands over my stomach, she then proceeded to ask me what happened in the year 2000 that has left a sign on my stomach, right at the end of my rib cage. Yes, she pinpointed the year. She said something has given me a "block" that is hampering my breathing, etc. I told her about my surgery on my esophagus and how they made it tighter than they should have. Seriously, how does someone read your body to the exact year?? I was in utter disbelief.  At work, I ate lunch too fast and ended up with a massive gas bubble that was causing me severe pain in my chest.  She had me work through it, teaching my body how to handle the stress of that. The first few breaths, I could barely finish taking, b/c the pain was so intense. Then, within minutes, it was gone.

After we got that situated, the needles went into my head for my sinus issues. Some,I barely felt. Others - WOWZER! haha.  It will take time to see if that helps overall with my sinuses, but I am willing to give it some time to see. I was so glad that I went to try this and met this wonderful person. I will be going again weekly, for at least 3-4 more weeks. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment