Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Friday, November 23, 2012

Shopping, but not Black Friday style

This weekend, I plan to do some Christmas shopping, so that I can get the items sent back to the States with a friend who is going home over our break. I, however, am not partaking in "Black Friday". I am seeing many of my friends posting about their shopping excursions. Oh, how I was never into that. I do not like getting up that early for anything. I even fuss if I have to get up early to go on vacation! And, the older I get, the more I dislike crazy crowds of irritating people. So, I am so glad I am not there to deal with the stores this weekend. Granted, I would not have to go shopping, but even supermarkets seems crazy.

So, what did I do instead on my Friday? Well, I worked. I worked all week. That is one downside to international teaching. We do not celebrate all of the American holidays. So, no time off for me to recover from my food-induced belly ache. No time to watch the annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Instead, I had 3 year old kiddos running me ragged. :)  And then, I came home, made dinner, and am now relaxing on my couch. I may watch a movie. We'll see.

Tomorrow, I am going to go shopping with a friend. I have knock-off Jimmy Choo purses, Christmas ornaments, clothes, and a new cell phone (this one is for me) on my list of things to get this weekend. I will not deal with the crazy crowds, although China has it's own crazy crowd thing going on, but not price possessed like those back home this weekend.  I sure hope if any of you ventured out, you were not bumped or bruised!


No comments:

Post a Comment