Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Saturday, November 24, 2012

A great day of shopping with a friend

The weather is chilly and rainy, so it is perfect "stay in your pj's and cuddle up with a movie" weather. But today, I went shopping with a friend that I do not get to see very often, despite the fact that we live in the SAME apartment building. He teaches high school and therefore, is at another campus. He also coaches, so that takes up a lot of time. Anyway, today, we finally got a chance to hang out. I took him to LouHu, which has fabrics, store after store of purses, watches, shoes, etc. He was a tad overwhelmed by it all. He managed to score some great gifts though for relatives back home. I did as well! But, since I have some of them that read this blog, can't tell you what. ;)

We had lunch while there. A cafe there sells the best coffee in China (or at least the best that I have had so far!). Once we were back in our neighborhood, we did some more shopping. I found a store with cheap clothes and jewelry that do not look cheap, which is a plus. There is also a new pizza place that opened near us, so we tried it out for dinner. The crust was yummy! I'm happy to know they are there. And of course, they deliver. I just forgot to get the take-out menu. Next time I run to Wal-Mart, I'll grab one.

Speaking of Wal-Mart, them (and the adjoining mall) are in FULL swing of the Christmas holiday. Talk about catering to the expat community! haha. There are tons of "sample" decorations hanging outside, which looks downright like a circus of Christmas hodge-podge. The mall, however, looks better. I will get some pictures soon. I want to see if they are lit up at night or now. There is also a large tree in the Sea World Center. I'll get pics there as well. While everyone is buying trees and decorations, I am going all Scrooge this year and not decorating at all. I leave in 21 days for sand and sun, and will be gone three weeks, so not really worth it for me, a single person, to decorate for just two weeks. Maybe next year. We'll see.

Right now, off to bed. I have a busy day tomorrow filled with shopping in Hong Kong! Unfortunately, gotta hit up the dr's office first. Nothing serious (that I am aware of), but just some achy joints lately. Damn it. Getting older sucks. Haha. Have a good weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment