Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Ikea and Metro - first bulk shopping here

Last night, I took my first trip to Ikea and Metro here. Ikea was just like every other Ikea I have been in (granted, the Chinese signs were new, but still..) I got a nice new chair and ottoman, and some odds and ends, including wrapping paper! Now, to get help putting my chair together, as I do not own any tools here. Not that I owned many back home. My friends used to laugh at me b/c my tool box was a shoe box! Hey, it worked for me and that is all that matters. :)

We wen to Metro (like a Sam's club), and I got some good deals. No, didn't buy anything in bulk, but did get some things I do not find easily elsewhere, like shredded cheese. I got a large bottle of olive oil, some Tyson's chicken nuggets (yay, food from home!), other odds and ends, and ICE CREAM - REAL ice cream. The brand is made by my beloved France, and it is yummy!! So, when I got home from shopping, I had a nice bowl of chocolate chip mint ice cream. Oh, I am a happy girl. It is really the little things for me.

So, now that I have been there, I will go back. The downside is the taxi ride or bus to get there takes a while and isn't dirt cheap, but still, worth the trip. And going on a weekday wasn't so crowded, as I have heard it is impossible to move on a weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment