Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Talk about inappropriate...

Ok, after yesterday's "you're not that fat" comment, I thought it would be hard to top my level of shock this week. Boy, was I wrong. On the way home from work today, I saw a young girl using the toilet. Oh, wait, she was NOT in a toilet, she was on the sidewalk in front of the local bakery!! That's right - out in the open! I was disgusted.

Babies here have crotchless pants, so they can be potty trained without diapers. Their parents have them pee and poo wherever and whenever. And while I find that utterly gross, I get that they are not old enough to know any better, but rather, rely on the ignorance of diseases-based parents. BUT, today, the girl I saw had to be 5 or so. She may have even been older. It is hard to tell b/c they are petite people. Either way, she knows the difference.

I find it very hard to believe that a culture that claims children get sick from air conditioning (if we keep the classrooms too cold for their liking), but has NO concept of getting sick b/c of the germs spread through feces being dropped on sidewalks (along with the spitting) on a daily basis. Seriously? I respect a lot of things about a lot of different cultures, but this is not one of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment