Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Sunday, October 28, 2012

German fun in China

This weekend, some friends and I went to Hong Kong to participate in an Oktoberfest party and we had a blast! There were lots going on this month. The original one we wanted to go to was sold out, so we opted for this one instead. It was definitely a good time.

We started with dinner: bratwurst, sauerkraut, mashed potatoes, and various rostbratwurst. Then, the drinking. There were games you could play as well. Each time you bought a beer, you got a game coupon. I took on my friend in the beer barrel race, which I won. :)  I also managed to hold up two steins full of beer for two minutes. Man, on man, that beer gets heavy fast when you are holding it out in front of you, arms locked. I did buckle once, around the minute and a half mark, but only for 5 seconds, then I regained. I was pretty proud of myself. And my arms were sore the next day to prove I used muscles that haven't been used in a while!

The food, German music, beer...all so familiar to me. I am so glad that I am in a place where the diversity is so high and I can enjoy things such as Oktoberfest. Next year, I plan to do it again, but make an entire weekend out of it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment