Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

You win some, you lose some

Well, this week is off to a much better start than last week. Last night was Open House. I had 11 of my 14 parents show up. How great! I had one of the (if not the) biggest turnouts. I was thrilled. I have very involved parents and that is great. Ten of my parents signed up to be parent volunteers! So, starting next week (hopefully) I'll have an extra set of hands in the classroom for crafts, etc. :)

So, my loss. I have a student that does not like school and cries horribly when dropped off. It may be that she doesn't stay. :(  My win is the rest of of my class. I have two little boys in particular that cried all day in the beginning, but now, are doing great. They are participating and learning and having fun!! I am thrilled to see the progress in them after just a week. I know it can only continue to get better from here.  I just wish I could get through to the first student. But, you can't win them all.

I had a visa interview today and have to complete some more required meetings tomorrow in order to get a full one-year visa for China. I have been told though that once it is done, next year's renewal will be much easier. Yay! For now, I am exhausted and am contemplating a nap, although that means I will not sleep well later. Hmmm...the decisions of a preschool teacher. haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment