Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The taste of India in China

After part two of my visa interview/application process, some coworkers and I decided to grab dinner at an Indian restaurant. I had heard it was "the best" around. And, the service was supposed to be spectacular. So, why not give it a try. I like Indian food.

Boy, oh boy, that wasn't my opinion. Yes, the food was very good. The samosas were not the best I've ever had, but not horrible. The Mali Kofta was good as well, but again, not the best I've had. Granted, this IS China and not India, but still. The chefs were from India, so no excuses.  And the service was anything but spectacular. We were there for about 10 minutes waiting for her to take our drink orders. Then, she tells us (once she finally approaches) that the chef doesn't start until 5:30. At this point in time, it is 5. I was hungry. She could offer us fried things, like samosas. So, I ordered them. Everyone else waited for the main entree. Once we ordered, it was another 30 minutes until the food arrived. And when she brought it, she wasn't sure which dish was which. Seriously? That is like me serving BBQ chipped ham and sloppy joes and not knowing which one was which. Ridiculous.

They never came around for more drinks, so we had to flag them down for that or wait until they came to start clearing plates. Then, they didn't want to let us pay separately when we were done due to the tax on it, but we made it clear to begin with that we were indeed separate and that is how we would be paying. We won.

Overall, it is not bad food, but not superb. And the service, at least this time around, was less than desirable. Therefore, I am not in a huge hurry to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment