Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Friday, September 7, 2012

One full week down

I did it. I survived an entire week of the chaotic mess that has become my job and life this year. But, it feels good to have it over and done with. It can only get easier from here, right? Please tell me that is the case. Haha. This is the first year that I have ever started preschool from the beginning. The routines and schedules are enough to kill ya. Then, you have kids telling parents one thing and you seeing another. Going back and forth with parents on how to best serve the child while trying not to cater to every single request is challenging. I do have some pretty cool parents though that are straight shooters with me, and I can be forward with them. I love that. I appreciate that!

I got my first parent gift today. A parent that I literally had to force out of my room two days in a row brought me cookies today. They are store-boxed ones, but good. Supposedly, they are better from Hong Kong. I was greatly appreciative of the gesture. The cookies are  yummy too. There is a variety in the tin. :) Yay for cookies.

This is the hardest year ever, but I think it will be worth it once I get things settled  down. All I can say is that this is NOTHING like the States. I mean, back home, MOST of the kids speak English, if not all of them. Wow...I have Japanese, Chinese, and Hebrew to learn this year. I better lay off the wine and get busy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment