Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Preparing for a new chapter

The time has arrived. In just a few short days, I will be embarking on another chapter of my life - my move to China. I am in the same position I was approximately a year ago when I was moving to Kazakhstan. I am trying to figure out how to get that last 10 pounds of stuff into suitcases that are already packed to the limit. I am taking different things with me on this trip, as I realized how much I missed having certain things this past year.  Knowing that I will not spend next summer visiting home, I am also taking extra items with me to maintain for the next two or more years. I am not saying I will not come to visit, but not for over a month like this summer. I have so many other places I want to go visit and experience. Anyway, besides the packing issue, I am ready to go. I am excited about not only the move, but also about getting back to work. Don't get me wrong, having off is great, but I am a person of routine. I enjoy some routine in my life. And, I am ready to get back to that.

I have a very long two days of traveling ahead, beginning on Thursday morning when I have to be at the airport at 6:30 am. I head to NY, then Detroit, THEN to Hong Kong. I know, I know. Going from NY to Detroit makes NO sense, but it is what it is. Then, once I land, I have another 2.5 hrs. of travel time until I reach my apartment. I am going to be T-I-R-E-D. When I landed in Kazakhstan, I slept for about 12 hours. I plan to do the same this time around.

In case I am not able to post right away once I get there (they really do keep tabs on social media, etc.), be patient and check back in. I promise, I will do my best to keep you updated on my daily ins and outs. I am sure I'll learn so much about their views on education as well. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment