Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Trip down memory lane

Tonight, my mom and friend Jenn brought me to Blairsville, so I could meet up with my very best friend (and adopted brother) to come to Pittsburgh. We met at Dean's Diner. For anyone who has ever been in the area, you know about this place. It has been in business since 1934!! When the family would go to Pittsburgh back the early 80's, we'd stop there, (Grandma, Grandpa, me and a cousin or two). I would get peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with a glass of milk. Back then, these sandwiches were only 25 cents!! Well, when I was there in my teens, they had gone up to $1.25. I had no idea what to expect today, but was shockingly surprised to see they were only $1.30! :)  I contemplated getting one. I should have. I kinda regret that I didn't. Instead, I had deep-fried pickle chips and then a piece of banana-peanut butter-chocolate pie. They have the BEST homemade pies ever! The diner is a piece of history with memories that take me back to my childhood. It'll always be a happy place for me. And I only hope I get the chance to stop again while in the States so I can get the PB&J. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment