Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Nope, I'm not gonna change.

I have said in recent blogs that I want to learn to be more minimal with my things. I want to be one of those people who can travel lightly. Then, today, I went shopping and realized something: the hell with minimal. :) I am aware that there are certain things I no longer need in life to get by. And I am willing to part with them. But, comfy shoes, relaxed jeans, popsicle  makers (yep, just pour into the mold and freeze), and other various things are not on my list of give-ups. And I am ok with that. :)

I donate to charity. I help friends in need. I love openly and passionately. I dedicate myself to children and individuals with special needs. So, if I end up taking 4 or 5 suitcases to China with me so that I can have my own comforts, then be it. I'm no longer ashamed that I can't downsize like I originally wished to do. I now have a new philosophy: "If all else fails, shop for a cute suitcase!"

No comments:

Post a Comment