Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Friday, June 29, 2012

Why is my own country more expensive?

I'm working (relentlessly, I might add) to book hotels around the world at the moment. My mom and I need one in Hong Kong for a few days, I need a few in Australia, and then my friends and I need one here in NYC this summer. I had NO idea that trying to find a reasonable place to stay in New York would be more challenging, and much more expensive, than booking a room in another country. Holy mackeroly. Since when did New York become such a hot bed? I guess it is a definite tourist spot for other countries, but when you live here, you tend to forget that. I could easily find a hotel, if I am willing to pay over $1,000 for the week. That's ridiculous! Even the hotels are outrageous. So, working non-stop using a site called Airbnb to try and find a place in Brooklyn and the other surrounding areas of the city. I hope to find something soon so I can stop stressing about where I am going to stay!   And, the last thing I need to take care of for Australia is my train ticket. I'll finish that today. Then, all of my travels for the rest of this year will be arranged and paid for! WHOOP!!  In the meantime, to keep from going nuts, I'm gonna enjoy a caramel coffee my mom bought me (it's a tad too early, even by my standards, to have a drink). :)

No comments:

Post a Comment