Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Somewhat the same answer

Snickers saw a vet here today. They ruled out heart worm and I need to get a sample for lung worm. After x-rays, they said they believe she has developed Feline Asthma. That is what they were treating her for in Kazakhstan. So, they were not completely off. Granted, the vet here said nothing about cancer to scare me. She said other than this breathing issue, Snickers is a very healthy cat and I shouldn't be too worried. The only down side is the medication for asthma can cause diabetes. The vet said this is not common, but our luck hasn't always been the best. She is down a few pounds though, so that's good. She's been so stressed from traveling, etc., she hasn't eaten a lot. If I can keep the weight off of her, that'll be good. :)  So, I started her on prednisone (sp?) this afternoon and she'll go back in two weeks for a check-up. Here's to hoping my baby lives another 10+ years.

No comments:

Post a Comment