Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Running out of time

How many times have you said (or heard someone else say), "I wish I had more time!" ?  Oh, yes, that is where I am at now. Again. I have known for a while now that I'm moving to China, but it was after all of my breaks. Now, here I am, wishing I had done more IN Kazakhstan, instead of going outside of it.  I wanted to stay in a village or a yurt. I wanted to go horseback riding across the Steppe.  Now, I am out of time for those things. Yes, I still have 24 days left, but I'm working up until 1 day before departure, and these things are not close enough to do in a day trip. So, just out of time. I could come back, but lets be real, I probably never will. Although, I do want to do the Silk Route as a trip, so maybe someday, I'll be back in Kazakhstan. And maybe then I'll do the things I wish I would have done this year, had I known I wasn't coming back.  A lesson learned: Take advantage of where you are, because it may be the last time you are there.

On a more positive note: Snickers is feeling better. Not 100%, but better. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment