Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Monday, May 28, 2012

A natural high

There are so many things in life that can make you feel good. Some are natural and some are bottled, boxed, rolled, or packed. But, the natural ones make you feel better so much longer. Today was one of those good feeling days for me.

Monday is when N (for privacy, avoiding full name) comes. N is my housekeeper and a fantastic lady. I have no idea how old she is, and  I never thought it my business to ask. I found out today though, that she has a 6 yr. old son. So...putting her around my age, maybe. Anyway, I have a closet shelf full of clothes that no longer fit, just don't like, material bugs me, etc. N has been coming long enough now that I felt comfortable asking her if she wanted some of them, without offending her in any way.  She was very gracious and quick to respond "yes!" when I asked if she wanted any. I told her when she was done cleaning, she could look through and see what she wanted. She responded that she'd take whatever I had, as she has brothers and sisters as well and they could use them if she couldn't.  So, as I let her get to cleaning my cat hair infested apartment, I packed up a large bag of clothes.

When she was done, she couldn't stop smiling and thanking me for the clothes. I told her I was just glad they were going to good use. The look on N's face was more than I could have got from selling them at a yard sale.  I know the clothes will be greatly appreciated, as they are expensive to buy here, and often, mediocre quality.

I have been VERY, VERY blessed in my life to have amazing people who have helped me out along the way. From my cousins in TX who gave me furniture, to my friends in VA who sent me things here in Kazakhstan to make me more comfortable. People have been good to me, and I only find it fitting to be good to others. Karma knows when you are not. ;)   And with the amazing feeling that comes with helping others, I have no idea why more people do not do it more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment