Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Hey, bus driver, karma is a bitch!

My mail from my mother finally arrived this week and I went to the post office to pick it up this morning. Waiting for a bus here in Kazakhstan is like waiting for it to rain. It may happen, but you aren't always sure when. The buses are NOT the most reliable here, but they are cheap.  Well, after waiting about 20 minutes, my bus finally comes by. It stops, lets people off (although not right at bus stop) and as I am walking towards it, the driver and bus aide look at me, close the doors, and keep going. Seriously? What the heck is that about?? People on the bus are just staring at me, like I do not get some inside information. I could see if I was waiting for the bus to come to me, but I wasn't. I was walking, money in hand, to get on it. Of course, I was mad! After I cussed out the driver in my head, I proceeded to try and understand what happened. The only logical explanation would be that they bus was ending it's shift, so it wasn't picking up anymore people, just dropping off the ones it already had. However, they could have told me they were done. I get that word here. I deserved something. So, I waited another 20 minutes for a second one to come around. I'm just glad it wasn't an hour. 

I believe in Karma. Sometime, maybe a long time from now, that driver will need or want something that will just pass right on by. And although I will not be there to see it, I believe in it. And I'm happy knowing that day will come. In the meantime, dear Kazakhstan bus hiring people, tell your employees not to be asses!! Us Expats ride your buses too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment