Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Hate that I care..

There are so many things in life that I have no control over, and for the most part, I am ok with that. I wish I had more control over some things, but, life goes on. What really upsets me though is when people treat you meanly, or are short with you, and you have no idea why. I shouldn't care, but I do. I mean, it isn't me that is bothered by something, but yet, I'm the one getting the fake politeness. Don't I deserve a reason?  It is a very good possibility that I said or did something that was not intended to upset anyone, but may have come across as such. That happens with me. I'm a passionately outspoken person who often speaks her mind without realizing how others are hearing it. I get it. And, I am willing to apologize for doing such, IF I know I did it. But, when I have no idea, I can't fix anything.

High school is long over for me, so I feel the pettiness should be too. I tried calling. I tried emailing. I asked what, if anything, did I do to upset the person. Now, I'm just being ignored, or so I am assuming. The phone could be turned off and the person may not be checking email. But....   So, I propose this to all of you: If someone upsets you, TELL THEM. Don't just let it brew, don't gossip about it (venting to close friends is one thing, anyone who will listen is another), and give the person the opportunity to make it right. If they do not, move on. Life is too short for silliness.  There is one person whom I work with that I know will confront, and attempt to clear the air, so to speak. She always says she's shy, but she's a firecracker, I just know it. :)  Anyway, Torre, I wish more people would be like you. If I do something wrong, give me a chance to make it better. Otherwise, continuing to make me feel badly for no (known) reason will result in me telling you to ... well, use your imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment