Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Monday, April 30, 2012

I could never live in Chicago

Astana is a VERY windy city. I had no idea how windy one place could be. Since arriving here, my eyes have gone from average to bad. I used to wear contacts and just deal with the occasional itchy eye from allergies. Now, I haven't been able to wear contacts in months. I've developed dry-eye syndrome. Unfortunately, I can't "cure" it, but simply make the symptoms less. Well, over the weekend I was feeling pretty good. Then, yesterday, I was sent back to square one.

Some friends had a brunch yesterday that I went to. Since when do I pass up food? haha. Anyway, on the way home, the wind was SO strong, that it was literally ripping purses and bags out of our hands. It was  hard to walk in. And of course, it was pure hell on my eyes. As soon as I got indoors, I began drops. All night long, I used my drops and did my bedtime hydration rinse. I used the humidifier last night. And when I woke up this morning, it was as if I just came in from the wind storm again. :(  My eye is so sore. I'm ready to get back to some "normal" weather and less wind. I also need to see an eye dr. in the states and see if there is something stronger/better they can give me than the drops I am taking here..maybe Restasin?

So, today will be another day horded up inside my apartment. It hurts too much to go out. My eye can't handle the wind, and unfortunately, I never invested in goggles here. Oh, how I wish I would have known....

No comments:

Post a Comment