Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Friday, April 13, 2012

Mixed emotions

Ah, Friday the 13th. Some people are superstitious and have feelings that something bad will happen. I, on the other hand, am finding today to be a great day and am having feelings of optimism. Within those though, are a few mixed emotions of sadness. We are down to our last 10 weeks of school, which will fly by, I'm sure. Every year, I say I can't wait for summer, but the truth is, I miss the kids. I love what I do and I always wonder how they are enjoying their summers.

Working with preschoolers has pulled on a whole new set of heart strings this year. I have learned to have more patience (well, most days) and love being able to "fix a boo-boo" by kissing it. I had to kiss two knees today, but then the crying stopped and life went on. :)  I love when they are tired and want held, but only by you (me in this case). I'm going to miss them so much next year. I've seen them grow this year and learn so much. Today, we even began learning the alphabet in Sign Language, just for fun. When you know you are coming back the following year, you know you'll see more progress and have more amazing moments. But, I will not be doing that. I will be moving on to new kiddos who will amaze me with the things they do. And while I am VERY excited about moving to China, a part of me is very sad to be saying goodbye to Kazakhstan. Besides the winters (holy mackerole!), it is a beautiful and safe place where I have enjoyed my time. So here is to making the most of the next 10 weeks. I am going to cherish every day of it and every moment with my kiddos.

No comments:

Post a Comment