Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Friday, March 30, 2012

Travelling with celebrity

Ok, I know it's been a few days, but I am going to finish blogging about India. It's been a stressful week and to be  honest, this is the first time I have thought about this. So, today, I'm going to tell you what it is like to travel with a celebrity. Alright, I wasn't with a REAL celebrity, but I sure felt like it. My friend Lauren is a very tall woman, who is also bigger build. She is hard not to notice in a crowd of foreigners. Now, in the states, I wouldn't think twice about her height. But, in India, she stood out.

Everywhere we went, people wanted pictures with her. Men wanted to see if she was taller than them. Children were amazed at her. So, the constant clicking of cameras and people approaching us was how I expect celebrities to feel. The paparazzi were everywhere! Lauren said she is used to it, because it happens everywhere she goes (China, Africa, etc.) I, on the other hand, was not at all used to it. When people would approach her, I'd simply walk away to the side. While outside the Taj Mahal, it started with one man asking for  a photo. Then, there were 4-5. Before I knew it, there were roughly 40+ people around us, all trying to cram in and get pictures with Lauren. Wow. I give her props for handling this attention so well. It is things like this that make me happy I'm my average 5'5" (rounding up!) self. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment