Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Friday, March 30, 2012

Being a cat mommy is hard enough...

I have got to say that I have NO idea how moms do what they do - take care of their babies when they are sick, even when they can't fix them. My mom has stood by me countless times when I have been sick or had surgery. She was there to help me get my meds, get a shower, even just get up off of the couch. I have a baby of my own, but a very different one. My cat is my baby. I know, for those of you who have human babies, this is nowhere near the same. However, to those of us who love animals unconditionally and as if they are human, it feels the same to us.

My poor Snickers is sick - again. Kazakhstan has not been good to her. This past week, she was diagnosed with pneumonia. Today, at her follow up, she had to have an enema due to stopped bowels. She also had more shots of antibiotics. She'll have to get a shot daily for seven days, for her new treatment. This is on top of the pills she still needs to take. Thank goodness I was able to pay a friend who happens to be a dr. to come give her the shots at home, so that I do not have to take her to the vet daily. She will, however, have to go back in a week for another follow-up. I hate that she is so sick and there isn't anything I can do to make her feel better. And when she cries, it just breaks my heart b/c I have no idea what she is trying to tell me. :(

The vet said I needed to "relax some", but she has no idea how much this 16 pound ball of fur means to me. She has no idea how I would do anything to fix her and make her all better. I can't relax.  And if this is this hard for me with a cat, I have no idea how I would ever do this with a child of my own. I have some very special family members who have been there with a child and only God knows the strength that carries them through. I admire and love them dearly. For now, Snickers and I are going to go cuddle on the couch. At least I can do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment