Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Friday, March 9, 2012

Parent Teacher Conferences

So, I actually had more than one parent show up today, which is a big change from back home in the states. I was lucky if I could get one or two parents to come and they were always the same, caring ones. Today went really well. I had 4 of 7 parents show and we discussed how well the kids are doing. Even the one where I told her that her kid is a bully went well. :) It is so nice to see the parental support involved and the effort that parents take to be there. Even at the age of 3, it is important to them. 

I also like the fact that we have parent teacher  conferences in the day, while kids go play and/or watch a movie. This is not forcing us to stay after hours. I never had to stay that long in Virginia, but still, a normal work day is much better than a long one. 

So despite my day going well, our hockey team lost tonight, bringing the play-offs to a 3-3 tie. Ugh. We have one last shot in Russia to make it happen. I am proud of them either way, b/c they entered into the playoffs two seats higher than last year. Improvement, no matter how small, is still improvement. :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment