Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day and I heard "I love you"

Yep, you saw that right. It is Valentine's Day and I heard those three little words today that make your heart melt. I actually heard them for the first time yesterday, but heard them again today, and it felt good. Now, before you go and get too excited, it isn't some tall, dark, and handsome man. Actually, it isn't a man at all. It isn't even an adult. I heard "I love you" from some of my students. And while this may not seem like much to some of you, those of you who teach know what I mean. And for those who work with 3 year old kiddos, you really know what I mean.

When a child looks up at you with a smile that goes from ear to ear, wraps their little arms around your thighs (because they are too short to reach any higher) and says those words - you know you are making a difference. Children are the most honest people I know. They do not have a reason to say something so meaningful if you are mean or if they do not care about you. So, yes, I am going to be happy about my Valentine's Day. I'm going to be happy that I have a great job that I get to do. And most importantly, I'm going to be happy about the people in my life that make me happy and support me - so that I may continue to do what I do and be who I am. Mom, Sharon, Danielle G., Jeannine, Jenn B....you are just a few of the many that support me and are there for me. I love you guys. I appreciate all of you who read along and keep up with my adventures. I'm blessed to have all of you in my life. I hope this Valentine's Day, you are most loved by the one person who matters most - yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment