Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Unfaithful are everywhere.

Last night, after a long day at school, some friends and I went out for drinks. We ended up playing silly games at our table, laughing a ton. There was a table of men next to us. They kept looking, smiling, etc. Finally, one invited us over. Being the non-shy person I am, I went. He was cute. He spoke English. He was asking about going out sometime. Then, I noticed his wedding ring. I told him I do not date married men. He said it wasn't a big deal. I again stated I do not date married men. And, told him he was a bad man. To my surprise, he didn't try to sweet talk his way out of it. Instead, he removed his ring and said, "What? I am not married. It is alright." I could not believe that he thought that would work. Wow. Do Kazakh men think American girls are hard up? Do they think we are stupid? Or, maybe he thought I was drunk enough to not care, which I was not drunk. It occurred to me - slime ball men are everywhere. Now, I am not saying that women do not cheat, or that men are the scum of the  Earth. NOT AT ALL SAYING THIS. But, I am so disheartened. I used to think my biggest barrier here was the language. But I now realize, dating is the same no matter where you are or what language you speak. You always have to be careful of those you trust (and look for rings!). I remember when dating used to be much easier too. Oiy.

No comments:

Post a Comment