Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Friday, February 10, 2012

unbelievably tired

Yes, it happens. You have a long week, you are worn out, and you just want to veg on the sofa. There is nothing wrong with that. But, when you are so unbelievably worn out and can barely stand, that is a problem. I wish I could blame it on being out all night, partying with some hotties, and enjoying too many mugs of my Russian beer that I am so fond of. But, the sad truth is, I am 33 and suffer from severe sinus and allergy problems.

This morning, roughly around 5ish, I woke up unexpectedly. I've actually been snoring so loudly that I've woken myself up. This time, I woke up because I could barely breath through the congestion that my nose had become. And my throat was dry from breathing with my mouth open. Ugh. I hate winters for many reasons. I know, at one point in time, I was "sorta" excited about it again, because it is so deceptively pretty here. But, the real me is back and it's still true - I hate winter. There is nothing I like about walking to work in negative temps, slathering myself in lotion daily to avoid looking like a piece of chalk, and waking up unable to breath because it is so flippin' dry here. I guess tonight will definitely be a humidifier night. It doesn't help that I am an avid cat lover who insisted on bringing her "baby" with her, despite being allergic to her. Nope, not helping at all here. Even with medication, I am suffering. And, from what I have been told, it won't start getting warmer until April. Great! Two more months of this. What a pleasant bit of news!! (you get the sarcasm, right?)

So, tonight, while others are at happy hour, dinners, or whatever else I could be doing, I am home in my pj's. I am stuffy, irritable, and just plain moody. Luckily, my cat doesn't give a shit what I look like or what I am complaining about. As long as I let her on the couch to cuddle, she's content.

No comments:

Post a Comment