Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Monday, February 20, 2012

Finally - I can afford a cleaning lady in my life!

It may sound silly to some, but this has always been a goal of mine - to make enough money to pay someone to clean my house for me. Why? Well, two big reasons. 1) I have major sinus/allergy issues and the products, dust, etc. just irk me. 2) I HATE CLEANING! And there is really no other reason needed after that. Besides, I look at it as supporting the local economy.  So today, my first day with my new cleaning lady, I spent under $20. This included 2.5 hours of scrubbing, AND giving her money to pick up toilet bowl cleaner before she comes next week. Now that it's pretty clean, it won't take her as long from now on. I mean, this is a situation that is really win-win. She is happy to have the job, and I am thrilled to not have to scrub my toilet or floors ever again (or at least while I live here).

My mother is a clean-freak and always jokes that she has no idea where she "went wrong" with me. I am a total and utter slob. I admit it. And you know what? I'm totally ok with it too. :) I can't give 150% to my job AND keep a clean house. Well, I could. But why should I? Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment