Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Your face will freeze like that.

Do you remember your parents telling you this? When we would make silly faces, we would get the warning to be careful, or "your face could freeze like that". We may have believed them for all of 20 minutes, but still, we heard it lots. Today, I wasn't making silly faces, but I sure thought my face was going to freeze like it was. On the way home from work, it was -9 F and windy. With the windchill factor, it was probably around -20. The hot air was rising through my scarf and condensation was forming on my eyelashes. However, within seconds, my eyelashes were freezing. This is not the first time I have experienced this here, but definitely the coldest day so far. Once in my apartment building, they started to thaw out. By the time I reached the sixth floor to my apartment, I was able to wipe the water away. My only big concern about moving here was that I would freeze to death. Well, I am still kickin' but damn, that is some serious cold weather! And to think, we do not cancel school unless it is -40F or colder!! Ouch!! I have to remain positive and think, "it's only two months until spring break", where there will be plenty of warm weather. I can do this. Or, at least I hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment