Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Long weeks keep finding me.

In Virginia, my weeks were never anything but long. I was working 2-3 jobs at all times, lesson planning for 6 grade levels, and trying my damnedest to have a social life. I was always tired and worn out. One of the things that attracted me to international teaching was the lure of small classes, more breaks throughout the year to travel, and less paperwork for special education than the U.S. throws down your throat. It all seemed perfect. But the truth is, it's only great. ;)

I LOVE getting to travel and it's much easier on this side of the world. I have the financial ability do so, even on just one job. However, this one job keeps me quite busy. No, it's not the same busy as before. It is not the same stress, the same headaches, nor the same irritations (at least not always), but it is the same feeling come Fridays - beat! Some weeks fly by. This week has not been one of them. Tomorrow is Family Literacy Night and I'm in charge of it, along with another coworker. Sorry if I already told you...been so forgetful lately.

Anyway, I've been using all of my extra time planning and preparing for this, so it goes well. And I am sure it will. But, I'll be glad when it's over, so I can breath again. So while most things are better, those sneaky long weeks keep finding me. Can someone tell me how to get rid of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment