Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Friday, January 13, 2012

Adjusting to temps

This morning, I went to get groceries with my friends, who happen to be my neighbors. We went to the nicer one, which is not the one closest to home, but still not too far to walk. My thermometer said 8 degrees. Anthony's thermometer said 12. Either way, not what most consider warm. We bundled up and we were on our way. Well, about half way there, my scarf was coming off. It was so much warmer than we figured it would be. The wind is not blowing at all today, which makes it a beautiful day in Astana. Now, when that wind blows, you feel like you are standing in a freezer with a fan going. It is definitely what makes the winters unpleasant here. But I was so surprised in myself. Lots of people at work have been saying what a mild winter we are having. Usually by now, it's negative 35 here. I guess Mother Nature just decided to take it easy on me my first winter overseas. And for that, I am very grateful. If winter stayed like this for the next few months, I would be just fine. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment