Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Musee d'Orsay - one of the best

This evening, I visited Musee d'Orsay, one of Paris's finest museums. It was discount night, so I had no idea that I would be waiting in line for over 30 minutes to get in, but saving almost half was worth it. The museum is in an old train station, which makes it beautiful within itself. There are some great artworks ranging from paintings to sculptures to  photography and to furniture. I won't lie, I get bored pretty easily in places like this. It isn't that I do not appreciate the fine art, because I do. It's just so damn boring to me. Maybe if they played rock music and let me drink along the way....hmm....an idea. Anyway, my highlights for the night were these:

1. I am a REAL woman, with thick thighs, average boobs, and a stomach that isn't flat. And, the women in the paintings look like me. That is what was beautiful, before fashion and anorexia took over magazine covers. I enjoyed seeing the beauty that truly is - natural.

2. I realized just how simplistic I really am. My favorite works included a wrought iron fence and a wooden table. Of all the things! I can admire Van Gogh and Monet. I can appreciate the work of so many other artists. But, the simple beauty of something hand-carved or welded into something lovely - now that is art to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment