Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Lots of early presents for me!

Today, I bought myself many things I needed and some I just wanted. Most of you have heard me say that things are poorly made here and are super expensive, so I won't purchase them. But, today, it was a different story. One of my coworkers has to relocate back to the states for medical reasons. We are very sad to see him and his wonderful family go. Today, however, they had a sale to try and rid themselves of items that they no longer want/need/or want to ship back home. I picked up lots of American spices, dip mixes, cocoa, stove-top stuffing, an extra cutting board, a lunch box, a towel and washcloth, wool socks, Huntz spag. sauce, and the best - hangers!! I was able to get 20 hangers for under $3.00, which is impossible to do in Kazakhstan if you buy from the store. Then, we hit up the market and I bought raisins, white raisins, dried apricots, and eggplant. I even managed to get a Christmas present purchased. It was a beautiful day out - no wind and lots of sun. We're going out for a long walk again tomorrow, so hopefully the weather is as nice.

OH, at our holiday staff party tonight, I got a gorgeous stained glass table dish in the white elephant gift exchange. Granted, I did threaten to beat up anyone who tried to steal it. lol.  Someone did, but I had a partner in crime with a plan. I stole his gift, and then he was able to go steal my gift back. Yes, I am sneaky and I involved a 12 yr. old child into my evil plan. I'm not ashamed to admit I have issues. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment