Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

feeling more comfortable

I've now been in Astana for four months. That doesn't seem very long at all, actually. I've liked it here from the get-go. I am even learning to enjoy the snow again. Although, I could do without walking to work in negative temps. But, I am feeling more and more at home here as time goes by. I even got into it with a lady at the grocery store the other day. I'm no longer afraid of standing out, not that I really ever was. My new-found confidence must be showing, b/c I've been hit on twice in the in last week. Ironically, they were both taxi drivers. LOL. I guess I take taxis more than I thought. Askar (like Oscar) is nice, handsome, and an engineer. He's only 25 though. At least he speaks English, or at least he attempts to. ;)  I am getting ready to leave tomorrow for vacation (U.A.E. and France), but I'm sure when the time comes, I'll be ready to come back "home".

On another note, Snickers is still sick and was NOT happy she had to go to the sitter's house tonight. Their apartment is way bigger though, so she has much more room to lounge. I also like the fact that someone will be home throughout the day, so she won't be so lonely all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment