Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Chickpea overload

As I strolled along this evening, seeing some of Abu Dhabi, I decided to eat out - local food. Now, I am not a fan of curry. I do not like spicy food. I do not like fennel, cumin, and lots of other spices. Yes, I know..picky. But, life is such. Anyway, I had lamb and rice and salad last night, so I wanted something different this evening. I looked over the menu at the cafe I chose, carefully thought about how much I was willing to spend on dinner, especially since Burger King was just down the road, and then made a decision. I ordered a falafel and tahini wrap, with a side of hummus and naan. For those who are not aware, falafel is deep fried ground chickpeas and hummus is a creamy chickpea spread. Fortunately, these bad boys are packed full of protein, fiber, and all sorts of other nutrients that are good for you. And the fact that I love the taste of them helps. :) And since my dinner was not too varied, I stopped at the market on the way back to the hotel and bought a candy bar for my dessert. Tomorrow, I may venture and try something else. We'll see....

No comments:

Post a Comment