Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Priorities slightly off...

Although I managed to go grocery shopping this morning, the rest of my day seemed very unproductive and my  priorities need a little kick in the rear. What did I do today? Well, I filled out roughly 10 postcards, skyped with my mother, grocery shopped, enjoyed a mocha caramel latte, made lunch, made breakfast for the next few days (pancakes that I just re-heat), made lunch for the next few days (veggie and noodle soup), put away laundry, joined an organization for special education teachers, called the credit card company, washed all the dishes, and watched 3 episodes of American TV. I know, it sounds good, right? Well, what didn't I do today? I neglected to work on my student portfolios, my business proposal, and my Russian vocabulary.  The things that NEED to be getting worked on daily to avoid a mess are the things I always tend to put off. If I could blame this on being overseas somehow, I would. However, it is just me..being me. I often wish I had someone who would be my assistant. You know, to keep me on track, help me stay focused and motivated - to push forward with the difficult tasks instead of killing time with the mundane ones.

I heard this weekend though, that busy people tend to get more done. I am starting the language lessons this week, so that will be adding to my "to-do" list. Hopefully it helps. Hmmm...come to think of it, I was extremely productive in grad school. So, I guess I should see what else I can get myself into and then see if my productivity of the harder things increases. If not, at least then I would have a good excuse! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment