Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Monday, November 14, 2011

My first English class went well. :)

Today, I started my volunteering at the language center. I had 7 students, most who have been studying English for several years.They were all shy with me at first, which made me even more nervous! I know. I've been teaching and working with people long enough that I shouldn't get so nervous, but I do. Anyway, the class went well, considering we were all over the place. I really needed to get a sense of what they needed to know, what they already know, and what I would be able to do to help them best. So, a lot of tonight was talking.  I was very happy to hear they all enjoyed themselves and plan to return. The owner seemed pleased as well, which is always a plus. I think this is going to be a lot of fun. And, I promised the kids that if they learned what I ask, I'd learn Russian (not quite as much though) for them. Maybe this will finally be the motivation I need!

No comments:

Post a Comment