Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Monday, November 7, 2011

Not all new traditions learned are Kazakh.

Today marks the 100th day of Micha, a coworker's baby. (Oh, I hope I spelled that correctly.)  In the Korean tradition, you celebrate the 100th day with a party, just like a birthday. So this afternoon, they hosted a group of family and friends and we celebrated this adorable bundle of joy. I have been around a lot of babies in my life, but I have to say, this little fella definitely tops the list of happy babies. The only time I heard him cry was when he was waking up from a nap and he wasn't picked up quickly enough. LOL. The food was delicious - and homemade! The only thing I didn't try was the fermented turnips. The desert was purchased (one was homemade) from a local French bakery. I need to find that place too. Overall, it was yet another great experience here in Kazakhstan, although it wasn't a Kazakh tradition. No matter where you are, there are always new things to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment