Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

making connections never hurts

This afternoon, I had the opportunity to meet a wonderful couple who operate a language school here in Astana. They teach English to locals, as well as help locals go abroad to study. They are seeking native English speakers to assist in teaching. I can't take on any paying jobs due to my contract, but I can volunteer my time once a week and one Saturday a month to help out. In return, they will provide me with local outings to learn about Astana, Kazakh cultures and language, and just have fun. I am very much looking forward to this.  And, for those who know how serious I am about pushing for a new pre-school program here, I'm going to need some possible financial backing someday, or just some support in general. It never hurts to have other businesses on your side. :) This is going to be like my job - a win/win. See, teaching special education, the students win b/c they get an education from someone who really cares, and I win b/c I get to be doing exactly what I love AND getting paid for it. Yes, this is a good way to end my day. Well, I have a Russian beer in the fridge calling my name. I guess that will be my icing on my cake today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment