Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

You are never too old to want your mommy.

As you have read, I have not been feeling very well lately. My darn stomach and I seem to be involved in a full-blown war with each other. Given my previous history of stomach problems (which I don't need to get into) and  my current diet (which had been carbs, more carbs, some meat, and a few more carbs), my belly is up a few rounds in this battle.

Today, several people told me how pale I looked, or how tired I looked. Why do people do this? I mean, I find myself guilty of this as well, but why do we do it? It never makes the person feel better. Anyway, while in a lot of pain today after eating, all I could do was fight back tears. And when someone asked me if there was anything they could get me, my response was, "my mom". Yes, at 32 years of age, I want my mommy. I am perfectly able to take care of myself, but nobody takes care of you like a mom does. She makes me tea, soup, watches movies with me, lets me lay my legs across her lap to fall asleep on the couch.....seriously...moms are the best. Living in Virginia, my mom came to my rescue when I had surgery. She was there for me when I needed help. Luckily, this isn't that bad. But, what if I do need something major while overseas? I just can't fly my mom here. Today, I was reminded of the fact that I am indeed, all grown up and on my own. At least I can skype with my mom. I can see her and hear her. And that, makes me feel better no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment