Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Monday, October 10, 2011

Productivity at a price...

Today, I stayed home sick. I was, and still am, fighting against my stomach. It seems to be winning. But, while I was home, I had to do some stuff. I managed to get a few loads of laundry done. The dishes that I've used the past day or so were also washed. A fresh cabbage, carrot, and apple salad was made for this week. And, I did some school work. The price paid was not relaxing as much as I should have and my stomach is not thrilled with my choices to be up moving around. But, I've got to return to work tomorrow, ready or not. So, listen stomach - "You and I don't have to like each other, but please respect that I have children who need me and I am going to work. I'd appreciate you backing off some."  It was a gorgeous day today as well, so that made me more upset about being inside. Ugh. This weekend, the teachers are all going to Almaty (old capital) for professional development. I am very excited about that....as long as I feel all better by then.

A big difference here is that I wasn't grilled about how sick I really was. I wasn't made to feel guilty for not being at school. I was told to stay home, get some rest....it would be ok.  And you know what? It was. My students were fine, other teachers helped out, and everyone survived. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment