Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Thank heaven for good friends!

If there is one thing in my life that I can say without a doubt, it is that I have been very blessed over the years to find good friends. I have traveled many places, lived in many cities, and worked in many jobs. But, I have always been able to find that small family of friends that will support you and take care of you no matter what. My friends in Virginia know who you are, and now, I am them here in Astana.

Unfortunately, I am down sick this weekend. My belly and I are not agreeing in the least bit. I've had to miss hockey, a brunch, and now, looks like I may miss my first day of work tomorrow. :(  I am NOT thrilled. But, I am grateful to the wonderful friends here who are bringing me medicine, tea, food, and just "checking in" to make sure I am ok. Even though I am in pain and feel horrible, I feel loved. And that, makes everything a little more bearable. :)

PS..would LOVE to have a CVS or something handy right now. At least I am learning as I go and will get meds sent over for "just-in-case" future moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment