Hidden Valley Waterfall

Hidden Valley Waterfall

Friday, October 7, 2011

I can't take credit....just doing what is right.

Tonight was our school's fall festival. It was a lot of fun for the kiddos. Ok, it was fun for the adults too. There was tons of candy and the secondary students did a great job with their haunted house. :)  Several teachers/employees approached me tonight and said what a big change they see in the students I work with. The boys are more confident, more social, more "alive". I can't help but smile, because this is a great thing to hear. However, I can't take credit for this change. Maybe it was the summer. Maybe it is because of home. Maybe, my boys just wanted to change. All I know is that I smile and my heart is warmed, when I see them interacting and having fun. And at the end of the day, that is all that matters. It doesn't matter how they got to where they are now, but that they are here. And, I get to be here with them. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment